Jingold aims at being globally recognized as the kiwifruit specialist.
Exceeding consumers and customers’ expectations in terms of taste, quality, value and healthiness of the supplied products, through an ethical and sustainable production both for people and the environment, and the adoption of innovative strategies to increase the competitiveness of the member businesses, as well as the wellbeing of workers and operators involved in the supply chain.
Our pact with land is renewed every day and it is based on respect.
Jingold’s activities are organized to minimize pollution in every phase of work.
- Use of low impact techniques.
- Integrated pest management farming, with a strong reduction in the use of pesticides.
This system envisages the use of nontoxic pesticides, biological pest control (i.e. the use of predatory insects to kill parasites), crop rotation. Procedures strictly follow the integrated production regulations laid down by the Regional Authority.
- Use of modern plants with drip irrigation. This method allows to supply water to plants slowly, on the soil or directly on the roots, thus achieving high efficiency and reducing waste.
- Use of renewable (mainly photovoltaic) energy sources, for fruit refrigeration and other electricity consumption: our packinghouses have set up photovoltaic plants producing 700,000 KW/h per year, leading to a saving of CO2 emissions equal to about 300 tons/year (the equivalent of the weight of 15 trucks of kiwifruit!).
- Plants with environmental impact certifications.
Corporate social responsibility
Many people work within the Jingold group, each one with a different story and different competences.
However, we share the same idea of business.
We believe that agriculture should feed people without making the planet poorer.
We believe that work should create wellbeing and wealth without destroying resources.
We believe that globalization should be sustainable and responsible towards workers’ health and safety
Jingold has joined Sedex, an international enterprise network for controlling safety at work. This body checks and certifies not only the quality of the work environments but also the respect of trade unions rights and labour rules, as well as the absence of exploitation and underage workers.
Jingold supports the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) that recognizes international trade as a key driver for people’s prosperity and the social economy growth.
Code of Ethics
Jingold has adopted a Code of Ethics embracing the fundamental principles and guidelines that should direct the behaviour of all those working within or with Jingold.
- Lawfulness, honesty and fairness towards all people with deal with safety, healthiness and quality of products
- Transparency and complete information about the company’s performance
- Confidentiality of the information, respect for privacy and personal data
- No conflicts of interests
- Protection of the environment, of safety and sustainable development
- Impartiality, equal opportunities and no discrimination
- Respect for people, health and safety
- Enhancement of human resources
- Selection of suppliers according to objective assessments of quality, capacity and ethical values
- Relationships of collaboration with Board directors, independent and statutory auditors
- Transparent and professional relationships with public institutions and surveillance authorities
- Accurate, transparent and comprehensive administration and accounting management
- Transparency and truthfulness in dealing with the media
- Efficient and effective internal control system.